We have a rigorous secondary school programme. Our curriculum is based on the National Curriculum for England. They also learn the history, language and geography of Nigeria. Learners are given the opportunity to think critically, generate news ideas and solve real-life problems.
During the first three years in our secondary school (Years 7, 8 and 9), students study a wide range of subjects: Art and Design, Biology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Christian Religious Studies*, Computer Science and ICT, Design and Technology, English Language, English Literature, French, Geography, History, Leadership*, Mathematics, Music*, Physical and Health Education*, Physics and Yoruba*.
*Students will not sit formal examinations in these subjects, but will be assessed periodically.
We work with learners and parents to select subjects that match the learners’ interests, aspirations and strengths. They learn these subjects in Years 10 and 11: Biology, Computer Science and ICT, English Language, French and Mathematics
In addition, they choose one subject from the subject groups below.
- Group 1: Art and Design, Chemistry or History
- Group 2: Design and Technology or Economics
- Group 3: Additional Mathematics, Business Studies or Geography
- Group 4: English Literature or Physics
When learners complete the secondary school programme, they progress to the:
- Cambridge A Levels (which provides direct entry into the second year of degree programmes in Nigeria universities and the first year in universities in USA, Canada, Europe and other destinations).
- University Foundation Programme
- Medical Foundation Programme